Registration to become a volunteer has now finished – if you have any questions please contact Naomi Warner, firstname.lastname@example.org 02921 660 790.
The IAAF World Half Marathon Championships is coming to Cardiff and we need your help to ensure the 25,000 elite men, women and mass participation runners from across the world have the best day possible!
Volunteers are essential in making sure that race day is a huge success and you will be part of a large team of amazing volunteers called ‘The Extra-Milers’ that will be ‘Making the Difference’ to ensure that runners and spectators alike have a great experience.
You don’t need any special skills, just be reliable, flexible and have lots of enthusiasm! There are a whole range of different roles available on race day and will be something to suit everyone such as;
- Helping to keep the elite and mass runners hydrated by manning a water station
- Are you a people person? Why not help support and direct runners and visitors around the different activities around the city
- Congratulating runners by handing out medals and goody bags
- Event logistics – Helping to set up the start and finish areas
- Do you have a flare for socialising, why not help with the hospitality for all the VIP runners
- Good with a camera? You could be a volunteer Photographer
Volunteering is a great way to have fun, make friends, enhance your CV and experience the electric atmosphere of race day. So if you just want to be part of this prestigious international event, have a friends or family member running or are an events management student then why not volunteer.
We’ll provide you with breaks, refreshments, goodie bag and on the day support through a supervisor as well as all the support and training you need to undertake your role.
If you are part of a local community or youth group that might be interested in getting involved, we would love to hear from you!
There are a whole host of roles available on race day. A basic role description for some of the main roles can be found below to give you a better idea of what’s involved. When you sign up to volunteer you will be asked to indicate your preferences and we will do our up most to make sure you are allocated a role of your choice:
|Start/Finish Support||Role Description|
|Bump Marker/Course Marshall||Role Description|
|Race Guru||Role Description|
|VIP Support||Role Description|
|Water Station Support||Role Description|
|Expo Support||Role Description|
If you have any questions please contact:
Naomi Warner – email@example.com / 02921 660790
– Volunteers must be over the age of 18, however 16 and 17 year olds will be considered on a case by case basis and must have prior parent/guardian consent and supervision on event day. Please get in touch for more information.
– If you are not a UK, EU or EAA national you must ensure that you have the right to volunteer in the UK.